RockWare Support Forum
kuldip.upasani

Categorisation of rock grade on the basis of chemical content.

Categorisation of rock grade on the basis of chemical content.
I want to catagorise the limestone on the basis of CaO and MgO percentage, 
if Cao < 30 %  {Low Grade}
Cao = 30 % to 45 %  {Medium Grade}
Cao > 45 %  {High Grade}
Can I do all this things in I-Data column only?
Or any else better method is available, which categorisation will help me to calculate the volume and mass of particular grade rocktype.

Hi Kuldip,

Create an I-Data model of your CaO percentages, then use the Utilities | Solid | Boolean Operations | Boolean Conversion to create separate models for each range, assigning 1 to Low, 2 for Medium, and 3 for High for the "True" values for each range, and 0 for "False" values.  Use the Solid | Math | Model & Model to add the models together, two at a time, until you get the final model.

Regards,

Tom B

Dear Sir,

Thanks for earlier reply,

At this moment we are interested to calculate volume of CaO ore on the basis of chemical data in interval data form.
I illustrate some background of work,
We have interval data sheet of CaO and MgO percentage and we are carrying classify CaO as a primary concentration which varies from 4% to 60% depending on lithology.
We created CaO solid model and created boolean grid of 34% to 42% is class 1 for medium grade  ore and above 42% is class 2 for high grade ore as per earlier reply.
Here we get the volumetrics of both classes.
But problem is that client wants to set the influence of extrapolation of horizantal interval based based on I data values which should be equidistance from each borehole.
In simple words, on ground actual distance between boreholes DG29 DG28 is approx 54 meters.
So the influence of the data extrapolation of DG29 should be half of distance which is 27m and influence of extrapolated data of DG28 should be upto 27m.
Logically if we consider the each borehole location as a control point then the actual surface distance should be halfli shared by each borehole to indicate the influence.

I am unable to upload document here, I send it to your [email protected], with full text mail.

Hi Kuldip,

Use Closest Point or Lateral Extrusion interpolation method to prevent interpolation beyond the midpoint between two boreholes.  

If all the boreholes are the same distance apart, use the Distance cutoff method to prevent interpolation beyond a constant distance.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc