RockWare Support Forum

Hi Kuldip,

Could you give me a little more information.  Did this occur when starting RockWorks, or during some program function, or just clicking on something?

Thanks,

Jim

Thank you Jim,

I started my RockWorks which prompted me to update version to 2017.3.23 and later restarted system.
Then I was created folder in which the datasheet Excel file was kept.
As I created new project, I followed all necessary formalities like selection of database structure, coordinate system and units.
After finished all stuff while creating new project I received Some error.
Later I resterted software then insted of opening programme it give some error message.
After successful reinstallation of software (without uninstalling programme) the issue is not fixed.
Please let me know the source reason of the error.

I attached PDF showing the step by step procedure what I was doing here and error started to show on screen.

Please resolve the issue at the earliest, as our clients required some training and for that our software should work properly.

Error_RockWorks - Copy.docx

Hi Kuldip,

I am having a difficulty duplicating the error on my computer.  Could you tell me more about the folder you are creating the RockWorks project in? 

It appears to be a network drive, is this true?

Was the folder empty when you tried creating the project?

Do you have rights to create/modify files in this folder?

Can you create a new project on your local hard disk ok?

When you get the Error report, please click on the "Report Error / Restart" button and send the bug report to us.  This will help me see where the problem is occurring.

Thanks,

Jim

I was creating project on Local drive (NOT NETWORK DRIVE)

The folder not empty, it was containing the database file in excel format.

I have rights to create/modify the files because this is Administrator account of machine.

Please help

Hi Kuldip,

I am having a difficulty duplicating the error on my computer. 

Would you please clear the folder of everything except your Excel file.

Then proceed thru your steps again to create the new project.

When you get the error dialog, please click on the "Report Error / Restart" button and send the bug report to Tech@rockware.com, to my attention: Jim Jackson.

This error report gives a detailed trace of what RockWorks was having a problem with at the time.

Thanks,

Jim

An extra note:  If you cannot open RockWorks at all due to the "Syntax" Error, delete the  ..\RockWorks17 Data\Samples folder. RockWorks will recreate it and recopy the sample files. 

This is the fall back folder, if RockWorks cannot open your current project, it will try to open Samples, failing that I believe it closes.

Thanks Jim,

With specified solution, software was started to work, but I am unable to change sample project it gives me error regarding to menus.ini used by another process after I create new project.

RockworksError.PNG

6 minutes ago, kuldip.upasani said:

Thanks Jim,

With specified solution, software was started to work, but I am unable to change sample project it gives me error regarding to menus.ini used by another process after I create new project.

RockworksError.PNG

Please do not consider this image