RockWare Support Forum
JoshZA

Filter I-data (geochemical assay) and export

I'd like to filter an assay data (I-data) model then export the output as a shapefile or tif.  The dxf export seems to work (produces a 3D wireframe) but shapefile appears to do something but makes no output and geotiff gives an error - CCITT Group 3, 2D compression not supported with true color images.  I can live with the DXF export but would have preferred a 3D shapefile with the z-value as the filter level.  I'd like to use the filtered data for follow-up borehole drilling.  Can you suggest what is wrong or a better method.

Hi Josh,

I'm not sure exactly what kind of you're creating (voxel, isosurface, or ?), what version of RockWorks you're using, or what program you're exporting to g but I'll attempt to answer your questions.

The 3D Shape file is best displayed in ArcScene, in ArcMap you'll only get a plan view of your model. You need to set up symbology if you want to see more that a mono-color output.

For the TIFF export use Packbits or no compression. I'm not sure how a TIFF would help for further processing. Please include some additional information if you need more help.

Hi Mitch

RW17 latest update.  I see with the tiff you actually need to select the compression, I assumed that an empty block at compression was none (it isn't you must select none or packbits).  The tiff is not a geotiff though so it's not useful for my purposes.

The shapefile is never created and no error is generated (for either voxel or isosurface), it thinks for a moment and then is done but you get no file.  I'm am using QGIS as a GIS package.  I'm happy with a plan overlay with the shapefile, but as noted the shapefile is not generated.

Hi Josh,

you'll really have to explain a bit more what you're doing or you can send me a copy of your RockPlot3D file so I can see why it's not working.