RockWare Support Forum
Jeremy Haynes

Well screens not plotting in x-section logs

Hi,

I'm trying to get the well screens with a pattern to plot in my lithology sections, but all I can get to plot is a blank well with a single line where the screen and blank intersect with no pattern (I'm using the lithology pattern 5, dens 1 to represent the screen) with the axis through the center.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Jeremy,

Where do you have the screened interval depths recorded in the database? Generically in the Patterns table, or are you using Well Construction? If the latter, the Inner diameter should probably be 0 (to fill the center of the boring); the Outer Diameter is defined in relation to the other materials you are entering. (The widest Outer Diameter item will fill the designated Well Construction column width.)

Do you have the Patterns or Well Construction columns turned in in the 2D Striplog designer?

You are welcome to use File | Archive Database to Text and email the resulting ZIP file to support at rockware.com and we're happy to take a look.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

Hi Molly,

I'm using the well construction column in striplog designer, and all my well construction data is in the database in the well construction. I've not used patterns for anything.

I'll make sure my database is solid and try again.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers

Jeremy