RockWare Support Forum
JoshM

I-Data model not matching Stratigraphy model

Hi Josh,

The backup that you uploaded does not have any I-Data.

However, the Grid & Model Dimensions specified in your project only allow for 4 grid nodes in the Z direction. You will get a better fit to your Stratigraphy model if you increase the resolution in the Z dimension by decreasing the Z spacing from 10. If I choose a Z spacing of 0.5 I get 65 nodes in the Z direction.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Josh,

As I mentioned in the email to you, you should check the depths of your data. Looking at one borehole I can see that your stratigraphy data goes from 6.95-35 and your I-data starts at 1.9 and goes to 12 Clearly there's not much overlap and the data may appear to be above the stratigraphy.

Hi Josh,

Your project boreholes do not have enough data to create the grid files for the uppermost formation in your Stratigraphy Types table.

One way to resolve the problem is to copy the ground surface grid to the UAZ_top and the top of the underlying formation to the UAZ_base.

• If your Lidar grid has the same XY min max and spacing as your project, copy the Lidar grid to the UAZ_top.RwGrd. If the Lidar grid has a different resolution, use the Utilities Grid | Math | Resample menu command to make it match the other grid files in the project.
  • Copy the top of the next underlying formation to the base of the UAZ (copy Tobacco Road_top.RwGrd to UAZ_base.RwGrd).

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

All of my grid files share the same project dimensions. How do I go about copying the surface grids to other surface grids?

To copy one grid the another, you would just copy the one grid in the Windows file manager and change the name to the other file. Be sure to make a copy of the file you are replacing before overwriting the file.