RockWare Support Forum
JoshM

Nan is not a valid number

I am trying to create 3D Strip Logs, and when I run the utility I get an error that says: "Nan is not a valid number". I am using Rockworks 17. I would attach my tables to this forum but it says that "Your aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" (I am trying to upload excel table.)

Thank you

Hi Josh,

I don't know what is causing the error offhand, but you can create a backup of the project that will include your menu settings with the File | Backup menu command, then upload it to rockware.com/upload and we'll take a look.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Hi Josh,

I got your files and I am able to duplicate the problem when I do 3D Striplogs | Multiple Logs. The error goes away when I turn off the Well Construction.

Also, I get a bug report, and I will submit that to programming for further action. If you get an error in the future, click on the Report Error button and save the bug report to send us.

• The probable cause for that error is that the Well Construction items have the same Inner Diameter and Outer Diameter. RockWorks does not draw the striplog if an item has zero thickness. Change the Inner Diameter to a value less than the Outer Diameter to plot the item.
    • I exported the project to Excel multiple tables and changed the values for Diameter1 from 0.508 to 0.25, saved the file, then imported it back into the project. With this change, the error does not occur.

2016-07-01_16-57-19-718.png

Other notes:

• The Stratigraphy units have the same Depth-To-Top and Depth-To-Base, so nothing is plotted. Change the Depth-To-Base to a depth lower than the Depth-To-Top to have it plot in 2D and 3D striplogs.
  • You can also leave the Depth-To-Base values blank, and have RockWorks fill in to the top of the next underlying unit with the Rules & Filters | Infer Partial Units check box on the right side of the 3D Striplog menu.
  • You have missing Stratigraphy units positioned with Depth-To-Top and Depth-To-Base set to 0, which puts them out of order according to the order specified in the Stratigraphy Types table. You may want to move the missing units to depths that reflect their position based on overlying and underlying units.
  • With Stratigraphy and Well Construction turned on and positioned in the same spot, one data type may obscure the other.

Refer to the Missing Formations topic in the help file for additional information.

Regards,

Tom B

post-527-0-20871400-1467413980_thumb.png