RockWare Support Forum

Scalebar

Guest Aditya Kaushik

Guest Aditya Kaushik

Hello Everyone

How can I add scalebar to my 2D images, showing the ratio as 1:400000 i.e. my 1 cm on image is equal to 4 km

Guest Aditya Kaushik

If I am importing it in Reportworks, my output file is coming in this fashion, I want it as a portrait on my A4 paper.

Moreover the scale can not be defined in the while printing through Rockplot2D window, Please correct me if I am doing something wrong.

post-19431-0-79822300-1467099915_thumb.jpg

Guest Aditya Kaushik

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot

Yes I tried your method in Reportworks, I imported my 2D file into Reportworks, Now the question is whether the way I am doing is correct or not, I edited my 2D image in the Rockplot2D window( I need to add a logo and some additional info) or there itself in the output image and when I import the same file(2D) in the ReportWorks and then when I double click the 2D image and set scaling as custom units, Set X and Y as 1cm=40 units (i.e. based on my understanding 1 cm =40m) my X get sets to 40, but Y =42.6788... WHY?

Secondly, is it considering the entire 2D image and scalicng it as I mentioned?

And when I import only the 2D image without any logo etc. and then scale it in Reportworks as 40 units(both X and Y), take the printout and measure, It does not come out correct.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aditya Kaushik

Thanks everyone

Tom, I was setting exaggeration before in 2D and after that I was importing it into Reportworks, which by default was setting my x and y ration in the exaggeration which I have set earlier, and moreover I inserted logo scale etc in Reportworks rather than in 2D.

Hence, I was able to resolve the issue, even cross checked it by taking a print out on A4.