RockWare Support Forum
Aditya Kaushik

Scalebar

Hi Aditya,

You can add a particular scale to a RockPlot2D graphic when you print it or when you export it to ReportWorks. Both options let you specify a particular scale, then you can draw a scale bar.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

rp2d_print_400.png

Specify the scale when printing from RockPlot2D.

rep_scalebar_ex.gif

You can draw a couple of different scale bars in ReportWorks.

If I am importing it in Reportworks, my output file is coming in this fashion, I want it as a portrait on my A4 paper.

Moreover the scale can not be defined in the while printing through Rockplot2D window, Please correct me if I am doing something wrong.

post-19431-0-79822300-1467099915_thumb.jpg

Hi Aditya,

You can crop the image in ReportWorks if it is too tall.

ReportWorksCropImage.png

You can specify the scale when printing from RockPlot2D. The graphic in my previous message shows how to set the scale.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

post-527-0-53018300-1467130929_thumb.png

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot

Yes I tried your method in Reportworks, I imported my 2D file into Reportworks, Now the question is whether the way I am doing is correct or not, I edited my 2D image in the Rockplot2D window( I need to add a logo and some additional info) or there itself in the output image and when I import the same file(2D) in the ReportWorks and then when I double click the 2D image and set scaling as custom units, Set X and Y as 1cm=40 units (i.e. based on my understanding 1 cm =40m) my X get sets to 40, but Y =42.6788... WHY?

Secondly, is it considering the entire 2D image and scalicng it as I mentioned?

And when I import only the 2D image without any logo etc. and then scale it in Reportworks as 40 units(both X and Y), take the printout and measure, It does not come out correct.

Hi Aditya,

I recommend adding the logo in ReportWorks instead of the RockPlot 2D window.

If the X and Y scales are not the same in ReportWorks, verify that the Exaggeration is set to 1.0.

Please provide more details about what happens when you print it and "it does not come out correct". What is the scale that you measure? What is the printer? It is possible that the paper is stretching while printing. Does the same problem occur on other printers?

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Thanks everyone

Tom, I was setting exaggeration before in 2D and after that I was importing it into Reportworks, which by default was setting my x and y ration in the exaggeration which I have set earlier, and moreover I inserted logo scale etc in Reportworks rather than in 2D.

Hence, I was able to resolve the issue, even cross checked it by taking a print out on A4.

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved the problem!

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc