RockWare Support Forum
Guest Aditya Kaushik

Reserve Estimation

Guest Aditya Kaushik

Hello everyone

Thanks for sharing valuable information.

I had once discussed with Tom regarding Reserve estimation, using Boolean to calculate the volume of the body with known required parameters.

I would like to know if there is any other method, and further produces a report regarding reserve estimation for a body of interest, and further is there any video or tutorial where I can learn how to use, step-by-step and know more about how can I work out the same for different conditions.

I would also like to know more about Utilities|Volumetrics|Extract solid option

Thanks in advance

Hi Aditya,

RockWorks has three types of volume calculators.

For data represented by grid files (RwGrd), such as ground surface, stratigraphy, and water levels, the volume calculation subtracts the difference between two grids and multiplies that thickness value by the area of the grid cell to get the volume.

For data represented by solid model files (RwMod), such as I-Data (Interval data), P-Data (Point data), and T-Data (Time-based Interval data), RockWorks sums the voxels and multiplies by the X, Y, and Z spacing to get the volume. Usually, the model is filtered by using a value cutoff (G-Value) or bounding surfaces (RwGrd files).

In the Utilities Volumetrics menu, the EZ-Volume menu command takes X, Y, and Thickness data from the datasheet, calculates a grid, and multiplies the thickness by the grid area to get the volume.

For more information about the Utilities | Volumetrics | Extract Solid menu and all of the RockWorks 17 menu items, refer to the RockWorks help from the program or directly on the RockWare web site:

http://help.rockware.com/rockworks17/WebHelp/introduction.htm

Each help topic includes a step-by-step description of how to use that function.

Search for the keyword: volume to find all the functions associated with volumes and reserve calculations.

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc