RockWare Support Forum

Striplog design

Guest Aditya Kaushik

Guest Aditya Kaushik

Hello all

I have a lithology data of few boreholes, all 300m depth. I would like to create strip logs of the following, which I could further take a print-out of on A4 etc, but few of my lithological units are just few meters thick (1-2m) which when i am trying to show it on the strip-logs, the text gets overlapped and thus all messy, I tried changing the font size etc but not at all helpful. Please help me on this issue.

Aditya,

You can try setting the "Vertical Text Position" to center of interval. If that still doesn't work you may need to manually add the text descriptions. Once you make them the size you want you can copy and paste them around which makes it pretty easy. You can even copy and paste between RP2D files. Here's an example I made where I made tags, then copied them to the other boreholes. I drew in leader lines for the thin ones.

Example-lithTags.jpg

Hi Aditya,

Another thing that you may want to try if it is the description of thin units that is causing you problems is to widen the column where the lithological text is plotted. If this is unpractical then you may want to try including the text descriptions as I-Text which would allow you to create multiline text and plot it alongside your lithologic column. This, in addition to Brian's suggestion, may help you out.

Edward

Also, for detailed boring logs, you might consider using the LogPlot program.

LogPlot's sole purpose is creating logs: it generates individual well/boring logs with almost unlimited flexibility in log layout, with detailed headers, footers, and any combination of data columns. You can create the graphic log at any vertical scale and print to single-sheet or continuous printers. It has excellent text handling for simple to very detailed descriptions. If you need detailed individual logs, LogPlot is the way to go.

RockWorks creates more simplified logs, designed for display in cross sections and fence diagrams, and as a launching point for project-wide data interpolation and display. Logs are just a small part of what RockWorks does.
Molly Mayfield
RockWare Inc.

Guest Aditya Kaushik

Thanks a lot for explaining me all the different way to handle striplogs and their texts. If I have any other problem I will get back to this forum.