RockWare Support Forum

the most appropiate interpolation/algorithm for rock parameters

NMDC

Dear All,

Please can anyone help me the below questions:

1) what will be the most appropriate algorithm for interpolating points data from rock parameters for dredging purpose such as

UCS: Unconfined comprehensive Strength of Rock (MPa)

RQD: Rock quality discovery (%)

Carbonate Content of rock (%)

Fine Content (%)

Bulk Density

SPT: Standard Penetration Test

2) How can i import bathymetry data of a design into rockworks and also cut the levels and slopes of a model using the bathymetry data?

3) Determine the most suitable methodology to create soil models only for rock (separate cohesive and non-cohesive layers).

Thanks

Anu

Hi Anu,

If your data is not associated with boreholes then your best option may be entering your data into the Utilities Datasheet. This would work great if each of these parameters have been determined for each sample and sample location. With that you could use the EZ Map to plot your data with different colors, symbols and sizes depending upon you data. Hope this helps.

Edward

Hi tom,

1) Thanks so much for your response actually i have the SPT and RQD as interval data and the rest as point data.

2) i saw a blog on the second question but the steps aren't as exactly clear please can you help with that. i have the survey and design files in ASCII format. after importing what are the necessary steps?

Thanks