RockWare Support Forum
MTetford

patterns fail to display in 2d Stratigraphy legend

Hi,

I'm generating 2d stratigraphy profiles using Grid Profile (I also have to include the top of bedrock in each profile, for which I have a grid model). I've set up my stratigraphy types table to include colors and patterns for some units. The colors and patterns show up fine in the main profile but the patterns do not show up when I insert the legend (I only get color). Is there a setting that I've missed somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Mira

Mira,

In any RockPlot2D window, you can add in a legend by going to the top menu in RP2D Draw | Insert and then choose a legend type. Once you pick one you want you can draw it anywhere in the window. You can delete the current one you have by selecting it and hitting the delete key. The color legend is a specific type that is not linked to the lithology or stratigraphy tables.

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks for the replies. Edward, I tried changing the density for my patterns but it didn't seem to make any difference when I generated the Grid Profile. I did discover, though, that the patterns will print in the legend when I generate the 2d profile using "2d Striplog, Profile", with "stratigraphy" legend checked on before processing. If I try inserting the legend after processing, I still only get the stratigraphy colors and no patterns.

But, I'm now getting a legend that completely matches my profile so I'm somewhat happy.

cheers,

Mira