RockWare Support Forum
David Young

Strip map width (includes distant collars)

I would like to make my strip map narrower in order for it to fit above my profile. It is expanding to too great of a width when I have inclined holes that are no where near parallel to the profile axis. For some profiles, the strip map is wider than the profile on the plot. I see no way to truncate those parts of the criss-crossing drill hole traces which lay outside of the desired strip map (swath) width.

Time to abandon the strip map?

Hi David,

I think that you could resolve the problem of strip map width by adjusting the width from within the 2D Striplog manager. That is if I understand correctly the problem that you are experiencing. If on the other hand it is the borehole location map that RW generates when you make a profile that is giving you trouble a possible solution could be using the crop tool to select only the area of the location map that you want to include.

Hope this helps.

Edward

Hi David,

I recreated the problem, as shown in the attachment below. Click and drag in to create a selection rectangle to select portions of well trace, then press Delete to delete the borehole trace.

StripMapTooWide(2).png

Strip map is too wide because it includes the entire trace of non-vertical boreholes.

StripMapTooWide-Fix.png

Delete a portion of the borehole trace by selecting it with a selection rectangle and pressing Delete.

Edward's idea may be even easier.

• Choose the Utilities | Clip With Mouse menu command in the Striplog Profile tab
  • Click and drag a selection rectangle to copy the clipped area to a new RockPlot2D window.
  • Delete the Strip Map from the original window.
  • Copy the clipped map to from the new window to the original window.
  • Drag the clipped map to the desired location,

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

post-527-0-75715200-1459294626_thumb.png

post-527-0-26581600-1459294518_thumb.png