RockWare Support Forum

Error: Format of the initialization string does not conform to the OLE DB specification

MTetford

Hi,

I have a Rockworks16 project on my local drive, that I created yesterday, that I was trying to transfer to a network drive, by "starting a new project" and listing the network drive, then "using existing project setup" path to my local drive. I get the error message: "Format of the initialization string does not conform to the OLE DB specification Error number: 3187 Source: HelpFile: HelpContext: 0". When I then choose "continue", I get a second error message "could not open the database. could not find installed ISAM". And, my existing project, on my local drive, won't open either. Any ideas?

Thank-you,

Mira

If your RockWorks16 project was initially ok on the local drive, then with RockWorks closed, try deleting the project's "System" sub-folder. When RockWorks opens and you connect to this project, RockWorks will recreate the System sub-folder and the necessary files in it. This process will work for the project on the network drive also. The database needs to have been created correctly for this to work.

Then you could give the "Create New Project" another try. I have created projects on my network with out a problem, hopefully this was a just a glitch and will work on a second try.

Jim