RockWare Support Forum
Surfer Man

Rose Diagrams - Assigning petal colors based on dip of feature

I have been given the task of creating some rose diagrams for various drill holes on our property. The diplog features contain azimuth and dip, with the azimuth being used to create bins. I would like to be able to color the petals based on dip ranges. For example: dips of 0 - 15° would be colored green, 15 - 25° colored yellow, and dips greater than 25 colored red. So for one azimuth petal range, you can have up to three colors within that range (see example below with Rockworks single color rose diagram, and a partial made-up one). Does anyone know of a way to do this with Rockworks? This type of feature would be very useful in an open pit mine for stability purposes.

rose diagram.JPG

post-18676-0-71996100-1446065929_thumb.jpg

Hi Surfer Man,

RockWorks has the ability to filter the data based on the values in a different column, but it does not have a way to scale the radius of the plot proportional to the number of values. All rose diagrams are normalized to a fixed radius of 500 units on the X and Y direction on the plot. I will add your request for this feature to the suggestion file.

Use a different program for this type of chart, such as a Grapher Wind Chart or an Oriana Two-Variable Histogram. Click on the following links to learn more about each program.

Grapher Information and Free Demo Download

https://www.rockware.com/product/overview.php?id=93

Oriana Information and Free Demo Download

https://www.rockware.com/product/overview.php?id=110

GrapherOrianaWindChartPolarHistogram.png

Regards,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

post-527-0-00156000-1446070699_thumb.png