RockWare Support Forum

Importing orientation data into RW16 Borehole Manager

d.campbell13

When loading a LAS file into Borehole Manager you are asked whether the file contains data columns for well bore azimuth and inclination. If these are not available in the LAS file then the only alternative I can find is to cut and paste data from an excel spreadsheet into the orientation datasheet for each separate well. Is there any way of transferring orientation data from multiple wells into Borehole Manager from an external file or from a utilities data sheet?

Tom,

I am trying to import orientation data for wells that already have locations in the database. The excel files are in the same format as you show above (Borehole-Depth-Azimuth-Inclination). When I use the Multiple Tables option the following occurs:

1. I can select the filename then
  2. The appropriate Block Selection (excel sheet -> orientation), and
  3. I can see that the Data Coordinates are OK, BUT
  4. When I try to allocate the columns /location fields I do not see an option for any of the four data types (Borehole-Depth-Azimuth-Inclination) and my columns are not recognized.

I have looked at entering the data as ASCII text but the same issue occurs. What have I missed?

Regards,

David Campbell

PS I would like to send you the excel file but the site tells me "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same issue as d.cambell13 and cannot seem to import orientation data. Whether I try a single or multiple import table, CSV or excel file, the input file column headings are not recognised and do not appear in the left had column.

Am I missing something simple here?

Kind Regards,

NicB

Orentation import.JPG