RockWare Support Forum

Error in the GUI of RockWorks 16

rudyabo

Hi all,

I am wondering if you faced such a problem regarding the GUI running RockWork 16 with a high screen resolution of 1920 x 1080?

when I start Rockwork the main menu and other windows show black spot of polygons in the background like distortions so that I couldn't read texts behind them.

I would appreciate you experience to solve this issue

thanks

I am using:

Windows 7 pro 64 bit

screen resolution 1920x1080

12GB RAM

Intel i7- 2860QM

500 GB SSD

post-10809-0-99874900-1415616792_thumb.gif

Hi Rudyabo,

This isn't a problem we've run into before but I suspect it has more to do with your color settings or video driver.

What video card do you have?

What color settings are you set for (256, High, True Color or...)?

Have you tried changing any of these settings?

It varies with the video driver but you can get at this information by going to the Control Panel - Display - Screen Resolution - Advanced Settings. This dialog lists info on your video card and driver and has a button labeled "List All Modes" which should show you different resolution and color options.

Hi Mitch,

thank you very much for your replay,

the graphic card in my laptop is NVIDIA Quadro 1000M (2GB) plus Intel HD 3000 2GB

the color adjusted to true color with 32bit

I just tried to change the display resolution, but it didn't work. However, this problem appears only with RockWork16 (all other software working well even Rockwork 15).

I will try to change the color setting and inform you soon

Thanks Rudy for your help in resolving this problem. Who knew another program (Kapersky Anti-Virus) could cause this problem. Here's Jim's blog entry:

Fixing Unreadable RockWorks Menus

If you ever encounter unreadable RockWorks menus with dark filled rectangles hiding the underlying text (see example below) …

111214_2220_FixingUnrea1.png

… you’re probably running an older version of Kaspersky Internet Security that apparently garbles the Windows theme/style settings.

Fortunately, the solution is very simple: Update your Kaspersky software to the latest version and the problem will go away.

Special thanks to Rudy Abo at TU Freiberg and Rafael Maricca at LMD Innovative.