RockWare Support Forum
TomB

Working with Oil and Gas Data in RockWorks

A customer recently asked:

do you have tutorial of rockware for the oil and gas industry?? such as import and manage all of reservoir data, storing well locations, well surveys, lithology, elog, stratigraphic, and other downhole data in a well database, import curves from LAS files using an easy import wizard. Import for a single well, or in bulk for multiple wells, etc. please, it will help me for my final exam. thank you.

Their e-mail address bounced, so I am posting the answer here.

We do not have a specific tutorial for all the tasks that you list, but the general tutorials are available from the Help | Tutorial menu, and all information about the tables and data import is available in the RockWorks help file that comes with the demo and full versions of the program.

• Reservoir data are stored in the I-Data (interval data) and P-Data (point data) tables.

• Well Locations are stored in the Location table. A unique name or ID, easting, northing, elevation, collar elevation, and total depth are required fields

• Well surveys are stored in the Orientation table.

• Lithology data are stored in the Lithology table.

• E-log data are stored in the P-Data table for point data depths and values, or in the Bitmap table for scanned images.

• Stratigraphic data are stored in the Stratigraphy table.

You may wish to refer to the Samples folder for the RockWorks data import.xlsx file showing an example of all the data and tables that can be imported.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Hi geophysicien,

To import a LAS file into the P-Data table, go to the Borehole Manager and choose File | Import | LAS | One File. Specify the file name and the data that you want to import, then click Finish to load the data in the table.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc