RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Loann

Surface geologic map

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to force a stratigraphic model with a surface geologic map ?
Consequently, is it possible to force two layers to go through a line that comes from a surface geologic map, please ?

Otherwise, I think that the only solution is to create some virtuals boreholes, doesn't it ?

Thanks,

Loann

Loann,

If you want to create a stratigraphy model using the Borehole Manager, then yes, you are correct that the only way to force the model to honor geologic map contacts would be to add some additional "virtual" boreholes to the database.

Depending on the complexity of the geology in the area and the number of units, you may want to consider building the surfaces that make up the stratigraphy modeling outside of the Borehole Manager (through the Utilities) using lists of xyz points.

If this seems like it might be a good option, then I would suggest that you take a look at the Advanced Stratigraphy Modeling webinar posted on our YouTube channel. There are also some case studies on this topic posted on the RockWorks support page under Case Studies / Stratigraphy.

If you would like to contact me via email, I would be happy to send you direct links to all of these.

Best Regards,

Alison

Alison @ rockware.com