RockWare Support Forum

Multiple polygon import

BJE-Rockware

Hi, I miss a function for importing multiple polygons in dxf-format. It is useful for filtering data e.g. buildings and certain areas from the model. Now only one polygon is possible to import . It is frustrating when I can see all polygons in 2-D diagram (*.Rx2D), but I can not define these as polygons...

Thank you! That is good, but I did not manage to create a multi-polygon table. The help-section also states "Only a single polygon can be defined in a single table, though you can maintain multiple tables in your project database." I can only apply one table at a time to my solid model, not several polygon tables in the same calculation, or am I missing something.

I solved it by attach all polygons with very thin polygons so it resulted in one single coherent polygon in AutoCAD, but this is a workaround. Instead I would like a more useful tool i Rockworks to solve this or a explanation how to create multi-polygon table.

Johan

The Multi-Polygon List is used in the 2D and 3D Compute Grade-Thickness Volume & Mass programs in the Utilities Volumetrics menu. It would probably help if we knew more about what you're trying to do.

Mitch