RockWare Support Forum

Generate a 3d PDF from Rockplot3D (RW15 or RW16)?

MTetford

Hi,

Just wondering if you know of any software that will generate a 3d PDF of the model from Rockplot3D? I've tested the Rockworks Viewer with some of our staff and they find it difficult & extremely slow to manipulate the model (which makes them reluctant to use it to show clients).

Regards,

Mira

Thanks, Tom. I have done that before - created animations from Rockplot. But I'm finding that my clients are asking to be able to control the model viewing themselves. Something like a 3d PDF would be ideal, based those that I've seen and manipulated myself.

I'll continue searching.

Cheers,

Mira

Mira,

Have you considered exporting it as a DXF 3d file and using a free DXF viewer for your clients? I don't have any experience with this, yet, but I will most likely be investigating it as an option myself over the upcoming weeks. If you do find something that works for you, I would be interested in hearing about it in your post.

-Andy

• 1 month later...

Sorry about that. Apparently, something went wrong with my post. To continue, I've successfully used DXFs exported from Rockworks 15 and 16. I wasn't as successful using ESRI shp files from Rockworks, though. Hope this helps.

Mira

• 1 year later...