RockWare Support Forum
magma-ag

Bold font bolded again

Hello

We are using a bold OTF font (NotesSoft-BoldTf) in the log designer which isn't rendered correctly: Although the font is already a bold font, LogView is doing a synthetically bolding, i.e. the font is bolded again which makes the font unreadable. This affects only LogView and the printouts, PDF etc.. In the corresponding LogPlot log design the font is rendered correctly. Any advices?

Thanks

Hi magma-ag,

I can't recreate this problem with any of my OTF Bold fonts - the display in the log designer matches what I see in the compiled log, and in the printout. I tested a number of them, and they all seem to be working ok. The font handling should be consistent with all OTF fonts.

Can you tell me what version of LogPlot you are using? (the specific revision will be displayed in the title bar at the top of the program window) Please also specify what version of Windows you are using.

Thanks

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for the information. I'm using the same version and operating system, and still cannot recreate this problem. I do not have this particular font installed, but have tested with bold OTF fonts from several sources.

Could you try using a bold style Open Type Font from another designer in the log, to see if this behaves the same way on your computer? (You can view the font types, styles, and designer by opening your Windows\Fonts folder into Windows Explorer and turning on those specific columns in the display.)

You are welcome to send your data (.DAT), log design (.LDFX), saved log (.LPT), and an export of your log (.PNG) to our support email and I can look into this further. The email address, spelled out, is support at rockware dot com.

Thanks

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.