RockWare Support Forum
d.campbell13

RW16 Borehole Manager Data Listings

I have been trying to find a way of getting a simple listing of all the P-type data I have entered into Borehole Manager. I have over 200 wells each with a range of different log types (P-data) and I need to track which wells have which combinations of log types (and sometimes which log combos over which depth intervals). To discover which wells have which P-data type I can perform a simple BM query, but it gets tedious having to do this for over 20 log types. Can anyone suggest an easier way? Many thanks.

You could open your project database (mdb file) in Access and run a query like:

SELECT DISTINCT Location.Name, PointType.Name
FROM PointType INNER JOIN (Location INNER JOIN Point ON Location.BhId = Point.BhId) ON PointType.PointTypeId = Point.PointTypeId
ORDER BY Location.Name, PointType.Name;

This will give you a list of all the Boreholes with P-Data and the name of the P-DataType

Jim,

Yes I could open the db in ACCESS. So if I'm reading you right there is no way to do this inside RW16? This is a pity because similar borehole manager software (e.g. Petrel, ODM...) have this simple task integrated into the data entry routines. Maybe this is something for the next RW16 update?

I went back and looked at this and I believe you can do what you want with the Filter/Select boreholes on the View menu. It does not give you a list it enables/disables boreholes which you can base on a P-Data type.