RockWare Support Forum
John Hamilton

Exporting gINT to Rockworks

I am attempting to build a Correspondence File for Exporting gINT data to Rockworks. I can export the general location data and the lithology data, but I am struggling with the I-DATA (or the Sample/N-value data in gINT). The I-DATA column headings are importing fine, but the actual data isn't coming in. I think the issue is with the syntax of the gINT Correspondence File input, and I have attached a screenshot of the I-DATA input in gINT. Can anyone look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

John Hamilton

I-DATA Correspondence File.pdf

Hi John,

At first glance, is it possible that you are mapping non-numeric data to the I-Data table instead of the I-Text table?

Note that you can also use the ADO import in RockWorks to import data from the gINT database directly, without having to create the correspondence file. It may be an easier process, as you can import one table at a time, save the mappings for other projects, etc.

There is a detailed step-by-step discussion of this import tool in the RockWorks help messages; since the gINT database is Access-compatible you can select the Microsoft Jet as the data source (the first step of the import process).

Feel free to zip and email your data to support at rockware.com if you want additional assistance.

Best regards,

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc