RockWare Support Forum
Craig SS

BH Strip Logs, Additional Data

Is it possible for to add coordinates, collar elevation, and comments to RW Strip Log? My journey through the help resources did not turn up any clues.

Many Thanks

Craig SS

Hi Craig,

(I've moved your post to the RockWorks forum.)

Items like this that you want plotted in the header of detailed, individual boring logs is the domain of our LogPlot program. LogPlot headers and footers can include text, notes, images, symbols, patterns, borders, etc. The body of the log is flexible in column numbers and arrangements. You can refer to the LogPlot gallery pages for examples: http://www.rockware.com/product/gallery.php?id=176

By contrast, RockWorks logs are simplified for better representation in project-wide displays (cross-sections).

LogPlot can open RockWorks borehole records right into its data sheet, so that you can easily create a detailed boring log there.

In a pinch, you could add miscellaneous information into a RockWorks16 Lithology or Stratigraphy "Comments" field and include that text column in the log's layout. This text would display at depth in the body of the log, however.

Hope this answers your question.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

Another option would be to bring your striplog into ReportWorks and add header information there (you would have to type this in, as there is no linking to the RW database through ReportWorks). I've had other clients put together simple headers and footer in ReportWorks without a problem - just keep in mind that multi-page reports would be very challenging in ReportWorks (LogPlot would be more appropriate for anything other than pretty shallow boreholes).

Thanks,

Alison

Thanks for the comments.Confirms my help research. Will experiment with Report works for functionality (my BH database is 100 holes). It looks like I need to consider purchasing Log Plot!

Best

Craig SS