RockWare Support Forum
MTetford

3D T-Data Statistics Map (RW15) - elevation issue

Hi,

I'm modelling chloride concentrations using the "3d T-Data Statistics map flat" option. (I have multiple well locations, dates, and concentration values, so understand that this is the best option to use to filter on a date range and to choose the highest concentrations for that range? Or is there a better tool?). My immediate problem is the fact that the resulting surface appears at an elevation much farther below the reference cage (and therefore my project area, as defined by the dimensions). I've included a screen shot (jpeg attached). I've also run a Statistics report for my chloride model and a report of a lithology model also created for my project area. Both reports seem to indicate the same number of nodes, spacings, and elevations are being modelled.

Any ideas please?

Regards,

Mira

post-10587-0-95825900-1386003959_thumb.jpg

Mira,

It sounds like you need to change the elevation at which the grid is being displayed. To do this, click on the 3-D Surface Options button. Choose the Flat option, and then specify an elevation within your project area for display.

Best Regards,

Alison

Thanks Alison. But, maybe my whole approach is wrong? I'm looking to create a 3d model of a chloride plume for a specific date range and using the highest values only. Any suggestion for the appropriate tools to use?

Thanks,

Mira

You would typically create a 3D model by going to T-Data -> Model. The statistics map is really designed for the creation of a 2D grid, which can be displayed as a contour map in 2D, or as a flat grid in 3D.

When you say that you want to use the "highest values only", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that you only want to use measurements above a specific concentration, or do you only want to use data that is screened above a specific elevation?

Best Regards,

Alison

Some of the wells in the project have been sampled multiple times for a particular date, and sampled at multiple dates, and therefore have multiple readings. I only want to model the highest recorded readings for a particular date range (e.g. model the chloride for 2012, ensuring that when there are 2 or more readings for a particular date, only the highest reading will be used in the model)...

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, there is really no way to do this. I would recommend that you export the data for the sampling event to the Utilities and then model it through the Solid / Model menu (you can then delete any duplicate samples that you don't want to use).

The other option would be to assign a very specific date (or maybe a date/time combination) to the samples that you want to use for the model.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks,

Alison