RockWare Support Forum
moore.2

Append 3D diagrams in RW16

I have two diagrams appended in RW16, but one is displayed above the other. I would like for them to be embedded. I can't find a way to slide one into the other.

Hi moore.2

Welcome to the forum.

Surfaces, logs, models, draped/floating images, etc. are displayed in RockPlot3D at their designated elevations, based on the data from which they were generated.

If your items are displayed offset vertically from one another then it's because their Z values aren't in the same vertical space, such as a ground surface versus a subsurface stratigraphy layer. Or, a surface representing concentrations (Z values = ppm instead of elevations) could be displayed offset from the ground surface.

There are a variety of ways to approach nesting these, but without more information I'll just be rambling. Feel free to save your .Rw3D file and send it to support at rockware.com and we'll take a look and offer suggestion in an email reply.

Thanks

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

Hi -

Please either email your RockPlot3D file to support at rockware.com, or post a screenshot in this forum of what you see in the RockPlot3D window. This will allow us to offer suggestions.

Thanks

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.