RockWare Support Forum

2 water level surfaces in the same diagram - color individually?

MTetford

Hi,

I'm using Rockworks 15. I have 2 water level surfaces modelled, for the same aquifer, just at 2 different dates (a spring and fall sampling period). When I combine them into one diagram, there are only subtle differences. Since it's the same aqufer, both surfaces have the same color so it's hard to see the differences. Is there a way to easily change the color of one surface? Or even add a boundary of some sort so it would be easier to see where one surface ends and the other begins?

Thank-you.

Mira

Are you displaying these surfaces in 2D or 3D? I'll give you some suggestions for 3D diagrams below. If you are working with 2D diagrams, I can respond with more suggestions.

1. One idea would be to simply change the color you’ve assigned to the Aquifer in the Aquifer Types table before creating each surface. This can be accessed in the Project Manager on the left side of the screen under the “Borehole Database” category
  1. You can change the color of a surface in RockPlot3D pretty easily as well. To do this, expand the Aquifer Model in the data tree, and drill down to the actual grid that you’d like to modify. Right click on the grid and choose Options. In the resulting Window, you can change the color of the surface. See the attached image for some more details on this.

Which option you choose really depends on whether you are modeling saturated intervals that have some thickness, or if you are just looking at a single surface for each time step. If you are modeling an actual interval that has thickness, then the program will be plotting side panels for each time step as well, and the colors of these side panels can’t be edited in RockPlot3D. If this is the case, I would go with option 1.

post-6-0-77210100-1377197773_thumb.png