RockWare Support Forum
SBrellen

Scaling when exporting to AutoCAD

I would like some assistance with exporting contour maps to AutoCAD. No matter the scale I set in RockWorks, the imported DXF does not match up with the CAD map. To force the fit in AutoCAD, I have to set a reference point and use the distances between two points to determine the appropriate scale.

Thanks for the assistance.

Hi SBrellen,

When I export a contour map from the \RockWorks15 Data\Samples\ project, AutoCAD plots the DXF file with units that match the units in the RockWorks Project Dimensions.

You are welcome to provide more information about what you are exporting, and send a copy of the RK6 or other files to support@rockware.com or http://www.rockware.com/upload/ , and I will take a look.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Tom

I suppose my initial question was quite vague on details. I have uploaded 2 files to Rockworks (07005.09 - 2Q 2013 - Test and 07005.09 - 2Q 2013 - Test_1). When imported into CAD, it does not scale properly and is plotted very distant from the map.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Stephen,

The DXF and RK6 files have consistent XY coordinates with X = 605,324 to 605,390 and Y = 4,408,214 to 4,408,284.

Can you also upload the file that you combine with the DXF files? Please state the method you use to combine them.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Tom

I apologize for the long delay in replying to you. I have uploaded a DWG file associated with the files I previously uploaded. I believe I originally sent you (07005.09 - 2Q 2013 - Test & Test_1), which were DXFs for upper and lower saturated units at a site. The file name is 07005.09 - Fig. 1 - Site Map. It is an old map that was poorly created (which may be part of my problem) but it is the best we have without having to resurvey the entire site.

Thanks again

Hi SBrellen,

The uploaded file 07005 - Fig.1 - Site Map.dwg appears to be empty except for a reference to another file named M:\Projects\2007 projects\07005 - Koc 140 - Greenfield, IN - (former 99088.03)\07005.09 - Quarterly Monitoring\Maps\07005_xref.dwg. I can't tell the coordinates used without this file.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

My CAD guy just let me know that the file I uploaded wouldn't work. I have uploaded 07005_xref.dwg, which should solve the problem

Sorry about that.

Hi SBrellen,

I still can't see the file. Please send it to tomb at rockware dot com if it is less than 10 MB, or use another service like Box or SendFile.com.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc