RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ekbowles

Error when processing Piper Diagram and subsequent shut down of program

I am entirely new to RockWorks15 and all associated RockWare programs and I'm trying to use the program to create a Piper diagram for a substantial volume of data (~1100 points). The embedded help tutorials have gotten me through most of the procedure but each time I click to process the diagram, I get an error message. The most recent says, "ERROR DURING LINE INTERSECTION CALCULATION". This box then gives me the option to either halt and terminate the program or continue. When I choose to continue, all RockWare windows in computer shut down and I have to start from scratch. Assuming that I've been overloading the system, I experimented with only 25 data points and had no problems. How can I process a Piper with all of my data points? Can I expand the project dimensions to process the large volume of data? Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the forum!

My first guess is that there is a bad data point in the listing, which could cause the scaling to go haywire. Is it possible to send me your ATD datasheet? (molly at rockware dot com) That way I can try to determine the problem.

Thanks

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.

Of course! I just realized that there are in fact several data points with less than qualifications. I will go through and change those to see if it fixes the issue. I appreciate your quick feedback. Will keep you posted!

Okay. After checking that all value fields are populated with integers only, I've gotten the same error message. I've emailed you with an Excel attachment in hopes that you may see where I've strayed.