RockWare Support Forum
YvesD

Eastern Canada connection

I am interested to know if somebody is using Rockworks somewhere in eastern canada mainly located from Ottawa to Gaspe. It will be interested to get some information about importing seismic files for example?

Thanks

Dear YvesD,

We have many RockWorks users in Ontario and Quebec at private companies, universities, and government ministries. We don't release the names of private companies without prior permission to respect their privacy, but I can list the public institutions:

Natural Resources Canada

McMaster University

University of Guelph

Ontario Geologic Survey

Queens Univsersity

Royal Military College

University Waterloo

I will be happy to help you regarding your question about importing seismic files. What format are the files and what is the file extension? If you experience difficulty importing the files, you are welcome to upload examples to our secure web site at http://www.rockware.com/upload/ .

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Dear Tom B,

Thank you to give me the list of the public institutions that use Rockwork. Unfortunately all of them are quite far from where I live but could be of some interest if I travel over there. Hopefully some private companies will make contact with me.

About seismic file I must extract data from a much larger file. I am presently away from my work office. I will take care about it when I will be back.

Thanks

YvesD

Dear Tom B,

As a seismic line I use the sample shotpoints.sp1

I import it and I succeed. How can we get the line number at the end of each line for example.

YvesD

Hi Yves,

The sample file shotpoints.sp1 has a column called "label" that has labels at the beginnings and ends of each line, and at some of the shot points. You can use this column to add labels to the ends of the lines. Change the label size as needed.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

post-527-0-45164200-1368740006_thumb.png