RockWare Support Forum
gohhouse2005

Tube filter problem

Hi,

I had filtered a tunnel using the solid>filter>tube filter where the 3D model that come out is like a tube made up of low pixel. What i mean is the tube is like plotted with a stack of cubes. How can i do so that the tunnel or tube generated to be smooth?

Another problem is the model color scheme display is based on cold to hot. I had try to change the color scheme to lithology table and stratigraphy table, the display color is looking good for lithology table but the color disappear(nothing shown) when I change the color scheme to stratigraphy table. Would there any problem about it? How can I show the filter tube based on stratigraphy?

Thank you.

Regards,

ong

Hi Ong,

3D models (.MOD files) are composed of voxels or blocks with dimensions defined by the XYZ spacing in the Project Dimensions. It sounds like the model being filtered by the tunnel is made out of large voxels with relatively large spacing values. Reduce the XYZ spacing for the nodes in the Project Dimensions and recalculate the model to use smaller voxels to reduce the blockiness. Smaller spacing values will result in a larger file size for the MOD file and will take longer to calculate, so you may want to reduce the XYZ min max range to restrict this model to where it is penetrated by the tunnel. This procedure will not result in a totally smooth surface, but it may improve the look of the filtered model.

The colors in the model are based on the variable that is modeled. If you create a lithology model, the values coincide with the values in the Lithology Types table, so it does not make sense to change the color scheme to use Stratigraphy colors for a Lithology model.

The Stratigraphy model is based on a series of GRD files or surfaces representing the top and base of each unit in the Stratigraphy Types table. To create a 3D solid model (MOD file) choose the Stratigraphy | Model menu command, and add a check mark to the option to Save Numeric Model, and specify the MOD file name.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

tunnels_01.png

Tunnel filtering a lithology model showing the voxels or blocks composing the model.

Reduce the XYZ spacing to make smaller blocks.

Hi Salah,

You can register your RockWorks software on the RockWare web site. Choose the Support | Register and Unlock Software menu command and complete the form.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc