RockWare Support Forum

Upper and lower surface Grid

Guest terry

Guest terry

Hi,

I want to ask how i cant put a topography Grid in the upper of the model and a substratum Grid in the lower surface, i use a lithology model filtred with a polygon image 1, i try to use a 3D grid of topography but wj=hen i try to put it in the model (Manuel Upper surface (Grid) filter) RW show a bug report " Floating point division by zero"

Any idea?

Thanks

Hi Terry,

I'm not certain I understand you exactly, but it sounds like you are trying to use grid surfaces to constrain your lithology model, using the "Upper Surface (Grid) Filter" setting (and possibly also the "Lower Surface (Grid) Filter" setting) in the lithology modeling options.

If this is the case, then you need to be certain:

1. That you use a .GRD file - the grid model itself - not an R3DXML or RK6 or other graphic file which is a picture of the grid data. Remember that a 3D view of a grid surface is separate from the .GRD file.

2. That the .GRD file has the same extents (min and max X and Y) and the same XY node spacing as the lithology model that is being constrained. If you need to resample the .GRD file to the current project dimensions, you can do so using the Utilities | Grid | Math | Resample menu option. Be sure to choose the Filter Based option - it's much faster.

Hope this helps,

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.