RockWare Support Forum
SBrellen

Well Construction display issues

I have a 100' well with electrodes attached to the outside of the well casing every meter. I want to create a well construction log with the electrode symbol on the outside of the well (see blurry example picture). I can get only one electrode to display the way I would like. I also cannot get the depths to display outside of the log (see picture again). The bentonite outer diameter is set at 4.0 and 2.0 for inner. Well casing is 2.0 and 0.0 for outer and inner, respectively. I have the electrodes set at 2.0 and 0.0 as well, with a 0.4 foot thickness and completely filled in red color. Actual thickness is 0.004 feet but I do not think it would display on a 100' striplog

wellcon.jpg

post-10508-0-66850700-1358346518_thumb.jpg

Hi SBrellen,

It sounds like plotting the casing from 0.0 to 2.0 (inner to outer diameter) covers up the electrodes also plotted from 0.0 to 2.0. Right-click on the casing in the graphic and choose Move To Back to show the underlying objects.

I don't know what you mean by plotting the electrodes "outside the log". If you mean to plot the electrodes outside the Bentonite, then set the Electrodes to plot from 4.0 to 4.5 (inner to outer diameter).

Another way to plot them is inside the casing. Set the casing to plot from 1.5 to 2.0, then set the electrodes to plot from 1.0 to 1.5.

wellconstructionelectro.jpgwellconstructiontableel.jpg

The position of the depth track is specified on the 2D Striplog Designer tab of the 2D Striplog menu. You may need to increase the Left Margin setting to 0.5 to offset the depths.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Thanks Tom. I wasn't really sure how to explain how I wanted the electrodes to appear. The electrodes were attached to the outside of the well and I wanted to display them that way. What I came up with is to break up the casing where it encounters a electrode i.e. say the casing is from 50 to 60, electrode is at 58. So I now the casing is from 50 to 58, electrode from 58 to 58.5 then casing from 58.5 to 60. I hope that is a better explanation.

Thanks for the help

Hi SBrellen,

I'm glad to see that you resolved the problem. Thanks for letting me know!

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Tom

Does the order in which you add construction types in the spreadsheet create an order in which they are displayed? Back to my original problem (and hopefully a quicker solution), when I insert a electrode from 59.0 to 60.0 in the spreadsheet, then a PVC riser from 50.0 to 60.0, the riser hatch pattern covers the electrode hatch pattern. Is there a way to bring the electrode hatch pattern to the front so that is always displayed?

Hi SBrellen,

After creating the plot, select an object and choose Move To Back to show underlying objects.

I could not change the order by changing the data entry order, but you are welcome to experiment. Please report your results!

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc