RockWare Support Forum
mark

background color transparency

Rather than having Interval Text in a separate column to one side of a striplog, can it be overlapped on the stratigraphy? The stratigraphy is sand fill overlying till. However, there are thinner intervals that need to be qualified as 'Oil Contaminated Soil' or 'Oil Saturated Soil.' I can enter these intervals in my stratigraphy tab. Is there a way to represent the interval with a foreground pattern and a transparent background color so that the stratigraphy color is visible?

post-2431-0-74728000-1357936309_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark,

One way to create the desired display is to specify the background color for the 'Oil Contaminated Soil' to match the underlying sand color.

Another way is to add the pattern intervals in a separate Pattern table, and overlay a pattern column on a striplog by specifying an offset with a negative value equal to the column width of the Stratigraphy (or Lithology) column.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare

TomB at rockware dot com.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help using the Pattern Table. I like keeping this separate from the stratigraphy. Is there a way to make the pattern background color transparent? I can't make the background the same color as a stratigraphic layer because in some borings the pattern must straddle two layers. I did find that once the striplog is saved as a .rk6 file the Polyfill Attributes give me the option to make the background transparent. Just wondering if this could be done upfront for all striplogs in a profile or cross-section.

Hi Mark,

It looks like you can only change the background to transparent in RockPlot/2D.

I will add your request to the suggestion file for the ability to add background transparency to striplogs.

Thanks,

Tom B