RockWare Support Forum
JosephECM

Nested well?

Is there an easy way to illustrate a nested well in the well construction section of log plot 2005? So far I have figured out how to set up two well casings that are offset, with well material around one of them, but I cannot figure out how to set the well material around both wells?

Hi JosephECM,

LogPlot2005 allows you to define "offset" values to plot construction materials offset from the center of the column, to illustrate nested borings. If you wish to plot materials outside your nested borings, just list those materials (1) with no offsets and (2) with inner and outer diameters large enough to not overplot the inner patterns.

The Outer Diameter and Inner Diameter values are defined in relation to the max diameter you've assigned to the Well Construction column in the log design.

You might refer to the "Enviro-geotech9" data file and log design for an example (compile that log at 12 ft/in to see the compiled result).

Let me know if you have additional questions. Feel free to email your specific files (LDFX log design and DAT data file) to me for specific suggestions (molly at rockware.com)

thanks

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.