RockWare Support Forum

Positive Elevation depth in orientation mode

Tobias

Hi Molly,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried using the abs. depth function, but end up with the wrong depth, since it's not taking the elevation height into account when calculating the depth.

Look at the difference at the depth in the figure below.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards

Tobias Gram

Hi Tobias,

I'm having difficulty seeing where the problem lies since both depth scales appear to be the same, and they are offset the same amount from the elevation scale. Do you have the surface elevation defined in the DAT file's Setup tab?

To proceed further with data-specific questions, it would be helpful to communicate via email, and to have access to your log design (.LDFX file) and your data file (.DAT file). Please address this to our support box: support at rockware.com.

Thanks,

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.

Hi Tobias,

The middle scale bar is set up to display elevation values, not depths. Since the surface elevation of the well is defined at 133, then at a measured depth of 5655, the elevations will be negative.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.

Hi Tobias,

There is no capability of displaying elevations below sea level as positive values in a Logplot scale bar. True vertical depths can be displayed as positive or negative values, but not elevations.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.