RockWare Support Forum
Daniele

Profile from a (Lithology) Solid Model

Hi,

I've a Lithology Solid Model.

I need a profile in DXF format to be edited in Autocad.

I choose Lithology -> Profile and export it in DXF format. The DXF file contains lots of polyline and polygon objects except from the surface profile which is a single polyline, as one would expect.

Is there a way to get single polyline (or even more polylines, depending from the solid model complexity) for each Lithology materials?

I get the same result if I choose Solid Model -> Profile. Is it the same? It's seem to me that the only difference is the color fill option.

I've built a Lithology Model form 10 boreholes with materials A and B. Many boreholes have material A above material B, but some boreholes have sequence A (A1) B A (A2) .

I choose Lithology -> Isopach -> Material A and I get the isopach contouring values of material A in each domain cell.

If the solid model sequence is A (A1) B A (A2), the isopach for material A is obtained from the top of A (A1) and the bottom of A (A2). Is it correct?

How can I get separate isopach from material A (A1) and A (A2)?

Thank you.

Daniele

Danielle,

Unfortunately, Lithology profiles and sections are not easily editable in AutoCAD. My only suggestion would be to use the colors displayed in the diagram to draw your own polygons in AutoCAD. What type of edits were you hoping to make to the diagram? If you could provide some additional detail, I might be able to give you some suggestions on editing the diagram in RockWorks, rather than in AutoCAD.

The lithology isopach tool creates isopach maps based on the g-value assigned to model cells. There is no logic built into the program for dividing a single material type into groups based on its relative location to another material type.

I think that the easiest solution would be to assign a different material type to the “A” intervals that fall below B.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best Regards,

Alison

[email protected]

Hy Alison,

I use AutoCAD to draw and share maps describing the environmental remediation options involved in the cleanup project.

I get a custom layout with same scale, legend, symbols, notes which is difficult to convert in ReportWorks.

I also note that the PDF from ReportWorks plot is rather a image map than a vector map, getting the document viewing process time consuming.

Is there a way to plot profile with a distant axis computed from the starting to the ending point instead of X Y axis?

You were right about assigning a different material type to the “A” intervals that fall below B but I choosed the Lihology model just to avoid the manual re-assignent of lithology strata.

Thank you.

Daniele

Danielle,

My intent was to suggest how you might be able to modify a lithology profile in RockPlot, rather than in ReportWorks. What kind of changes were you hoping to make to the profile? Did you want to modify the strata in the cross-section, or something else in the diagram? If you could make the changes in RockPlot2D, would it work for you to place a raster image of your diagram into AutoCAD, rather than a DXF file?

You can manually change a horizontal axis in a profile by selecting it with your mouse, right clicking on it and choosing Properties. In the Location tab, click on the “Set Values to X” button. If you then view the Values tab, you’ll see that the start and end values for the scale bar reflect the distance along the scale bar. You can then delete the other scale bar in the profile. The ability to automatically plot this type of distance scale bar in profiles will be added to RockWorks16.

Thanks,

Alison