RockWare Support Forum
male beast

GIS link not working?

I haven't had cause to use GIS link since migrating from ArcGIS 9 to 10. I have just upgraded to GIS Link 2_10, and everything appears to install OK, but I don't see the Rockware toolbar in ArcMap 10. Any suggestions please?

Hi MB,

Here are the Toolbar installation instructions from the GIS Link Help file.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Adding the RockWare GIS Link 2 Toolbar to ArcMap

1. With the RockWare GIS Link 2 program files now on your computer, the next step is to launch ArcMap.
  2. When ArcMap is running, click on its Tools menu and choose Customize.
  3. Click on the Toolbars tab.
  4. Click the Add from file... button, at the bottom.
  5. In the Windows dialog that is displayed, browse to the C:\Program Files\RockWare\Rockware GIS Link folder.
  6. Select the file named "RockWare_GIS_Link_2.dll" and click the Open button.
  7. The program should display a window indicating that the GIS Link's "RWCommands" and "RWToolbar" have been added to ArcMap. Click the OK button to close this window.
  8. Now, in the main Toolbars listing, scroll downward as necessary to locate the RockWare GIS Link 2 option and insert a check in its check-box.
  9. Click the Close button.
  10. You should see the Rockworks GIS Link toolbar now displayed on the ArcMap toolbar.

Tom, I tried this but it won't load on my laptop. I've been using the link on my desktop and it works fine. My understanding is that I can use the same link on two machines, as long as they are both mine. Do I need an additional license to run it on my laptop?

Hi geomcewen,

It looks like I didn't see this message to respond. Sorry for the oversight.

If you are still having a problem loading the program on the laptop, please report what happens when "it won't load on my laptop". Post a list of the steps you perform, and the results of each step, including the full text of any messages that are displayed.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc