RockWare Support Forum
Haris1977

LITHOLOGY MODEL - AN OTHER PROB

I ve created a lith mod file.

My area's dimensions are X=12 km, Y=12 Km, Z= 450 meters.. I ve used spacing 50,50,10 (for x,y, z axis). I know my z spacing is big but, my final output (when i use a lot of verical exag.) is smth like in my atachment file. Any ideas how to smooth those lines? Is it because of vert exag? :(

I think that this would probably be resolved by bumping down the spacing of your model in the z direction. 10m spacing for a lithology model is pretty big. You would want to make the z spacing roughly 1/2 of the thinnest layer that you want reflected in the model. You may even have to go thinner if you are not happy with the blocky look of the model at that resolution.

If you continue to have problems, please backup your project and send the zip file to [email protected] We'd be happy to take a look!

Best Regards,

Alison

Thank you Alison.

The problem lies in my lithology i think. The thinest layer that i want to reflect is 2 meters, thus my z space value must be 1 (!!!). A good x,y,z spacing must be 50,50,1 but - honestly - i ve already done that - and my project is extremely big and my 4quad pc is too slow..

Maybe i need a better pc unit, or i will have to group my lith items (e.g smallest interval = 10 meters)

:(

P.S : I have tried to set z space to 0.5 (i repeat my thinest layer that i want to reflect is 2 meters) and the output is smth like that in my photo. There are small ''steps'' in my surface. I want smth like my 2nd foto (stratigraphy model). Is that possible? Maybe my problem is in my grd file? (i used cell size=50X50 m)

post-10483-008076500 1337524756_thumb.jpg

post-10483-029494800 1337525975_thumb.jpg