RockWare Support Forum
leem

Rose Plot using Frequency Data

Hello:

I have been extensively using the rose plot function in Rockworks (endpoints and bearings); however I now have a frequency table (degrees with number of occurrences) that I wish to make into a rose plot. Is there any way to do this in Rockworks without me tediously generating a fake data base (e.g. I have 37 occurrences of lineaments with an azimuth of 65° - so I have to type 65° 37 times into excel) and importing it?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the program doesn't include an option to use a magnitude or frequency field when creating a rose diagram. The only solution I can think of is the one you've already come up with. I will add rose diagrams based on a magnitude field to our wishlist for future versions of the software.

You may want to look at the StereoStat program, which does include a magnitude field that can be used in the creation of a rose diagram (http://www.rockware.com/product/overview.php?id=121).

Best Regards,

Alison

Thank you very much for your response. I have downloaded the StereoStat program however I am encountering two issues: First my frequency table (tab delimited format w/ columns "frequency" and "azimuth") will not 'open/import' or 'insert' into a database. I define the columns as '#' and 'trend' or 'strike' and the database shows up empty. Second, I was looking through the rose plot instructions and I do not see where I can specify my pre-existing bins or classes. According to the instructions online I can only define the 'number' of classes, or the 'size' of classes. Any further direction is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Madeline