RockWare Support Forum
Haris1977

LITHOLOGY MODEL (SMOOTH EDGES?)

I have made a lithology model (out of borehole data). I have used the option wrap model based on grid (i previously made one out XYZ data), but the final output is - i think pretty ugly:(

Is there any way to have smoother edges on my subsurface layers?

Hi Haris,

• One way to get a smoother surface is to reduce the spacing between nodes in the Project Dimensions.

• Another way is to model the surface as a grid file. If you have discrete layers without interbedding, you may be able to use the Borehole Manager Lithology | Superface menu command to extract grid files from the solid model.

lithologysuperface.png

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc.

Tom thank you for your answers, but this is not what i want to do. I need to smooth the lines that are formed between 2 SUBSURFACE layers (in my 3d lith model)..See my attachment image on my 1st post to understand what i exactly mean:)

I have to admit though that i use vert exag of about 20 (?) (i have small borehole depths, relative to my XY area) and maybe tha't s why i have such an output eh? Any other idea?

Hi Haris,

Both these methods will create smoother surface lines. I don't know of another way to smooth the lines.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Thank you Tom. I reduced the spacing between nodes in the Project Dimensions, and i have smoother lines now..the programm needs a lot of cpu and mem power though:(

Hi Haris,

I'm glad that you got the smoother lines that you wanted. Unfortunately, larger models do require more processing power. You may be able to find a middle ground by changing the spacing size to a value between the initial value and most recent value. Another option is to only change the Z spacing.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Thank you again Tom

An other question about lithology profile though: How can i change the font in Profile Selection Map? (Borehole manager->lithology->lithology profile)

Hi Haris,

I cannot find a way to change the font on this screen. I will add your request for this feature to the suggestion file.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc