RockWare Support Forum

Saving 3D Models

oskarP

Hello,

I am trying to develop a CSM for a client and the best way to send it to them is through PDF. I have Acrobat X Pro, which allows for 3D models to be uploaded sot hat when a client opens the file, they can rotate the image. However, it only accepts a few file formats and .r3dxml is not one of them. Is there any way to save a 3D model into a different file format, aside from the .JPG, .BMP, etc. Preferrably, if it could be saved as a .3dxml, that would be great.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Oskar.

Hi Oskar,

at this point we don't export to the Acrobat 3D format. We don't have the tools and it would be quite complicated though that may change. We do export scenes to ESRI Shape File Format and DXF. Since these are more widely used formats you may find tools out there that would convert these to 3D PDF.

I forgot to mention that your client can download and use our RockPlot3D stand alone program which is free and available from our website.

Thanks for the response. I will see if they wouldn't mind doing that, or if they can accept a figure that doesn't rotate in PDF :P

Side question on a similar note. Is the .r3dxml the only file path you can save 3D models or can they be saved so that they can be viewed on arc (or is arc compatible with the .r3dxml documents)?

Oskar.