RockWare Support Forum
Baseema

designed elevations

I created a lithology cross sections along specific designed ramps in an interchange. I plotted the surface profile from a grid based map that i created. I still need to see the designed elevations along the ramp center line "red line" in order to see the cut and fill areas. how can i do that?

Hi Baseema,

To display the elevations along the surface profile line, move the cursor to the line and read the elevations from the status bar at the bottom of the display window.

To get a quantitative list of XY locations and elevations, display the line on a map in 2D, export to RockPlot/3D with a drape over the specified grid file, then export to DXF and import the DXF into the Utilities datasheet.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Dear Tom,

i think I didn't explain myself well.

I attached the longitudinal section of ramp-13 (one of the ramps in a designed interchange project. The upper surface is the existing elevations of the ground surface from a based grid map that I created based on .dxf file.

Now I need to add the red line (the designed elevations along the same cross section. You can see clearly what I mean if you take a look on the .dxf file of the longitudinal ramps, (please find Ramp-13 in this file).

I need this in order to see clearly the cut and fill areas on the lithology section.

I hope know you can understand my goal. Thanks in advance

baseema

Hi Baseema,

I can't find your files. Please resend or re-post.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Hi Baseema,

Thanks for e-mailing your files.

It lookslike the DXF file shows a designed elevation at a constant value of 16.0.

The easiest way to create the line with the RK6 file is to draw it in the RockPlot/2D window. The Y coordinate on the status bar at the bottom of the window displays the coordinates at the cursor location. You may need to increase the vertical exaggeration and zoom in quite a bit to get it exactly at 16.0 on the section.

20120319113130811.png

Draw a line or import a file to visualize the design elevation.

Another method is to create an AutoCAD DXF or RockWorks AGL file with the coordinates that match the section in the RK6 file, and import the file into the RK6 drawing with the RockPlot/2D File | Import menu command. The RockWorks AGL file format lists the color, line style and line coordinates.

COLOR: RED
LINESTYLE: 2
LINE: 0 16 4020 16

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc