RockWare Support Forum
Lesley A

Overlaying Filled Curves in LogPlot

Is there a way to overlay multiple filled curves in LogPlot? It seems to work for up to 3 curves, but beyond that they do not show up when the log is compiled. I have tried using the cross plot curve, but without success. Anyone any ideas?

Hi Lesley,

you can overlay as many curves as you want in LogPlot but since there is no transparency filled curves will tend to hide other curves. If you can provide a picture of what you want to achieve I might be able to come with a solution.

Hi, thanks for getting back so soon. I've enclosed a jpeg of what I'm trying to achieve. I can manage to get 3 curves to overlay on each other, but not the fourth. On another issue, although my pc well exceeds the system requirements for LogPlot, the program is running very slowly, e.g. a long delay when moving or deleting anything in the design editor. Is there anything I can do to increase the speed?

post-10307-048349700 1324498241_thumb.jpg

It can be done but you'll need to make sure that the order of the curves on the screen is sorted by the values. The curve with the larges values needs to be on the bottom and the curve with the smallest values needs to be on the top. You can use the bring to front and send to back options to control the order.

If you can't predict your curve values then there isn't any way to make this work consistently short of rearranging the curves each time.

LogPlot saves a copy of your LogDesign each time you make a change in order to provide an Undo/Redo history. If your LogDesign is very large (for example large bitmap in the header) then your opertaions will become slow. You can disable the Undo function from the Options/System menu.