RockWare Support Forum
Benni

Water volume within an aquifer

Hello everybody,

For the resource estimation of a brine deposit i have to calculate the brine volume within an Aquifer. And also the brine volume with a certain chemical compositions (e.g. Volume of the Brine with Potassium between 1.8 to 5 g/l). So I have two constrains: 1. Distribution of the porosity with in the aquifer and 2. the distribution of e.g. Potassium.

I made a solid model according to the chemical composition. So that I can calculate the Volume of an “ore body” with Potassium between 1.8 to 5 g/l. But the problem is that the brine occurs only in the pore space of the ore body. That means if the porosity would be the same e.g. 10% I could take the volume of the ore body and multiplied it with 0.1. But the porosity with in the ore bodie is different.

I was thinking to make another solid model in accordance to the porosity distribution and the use the function “Math” Model&Model. But then this will only change the G-Value and not the Volume.

Is there any possibility to multiply the volume of a solid model with different G-Values with an other solid model?

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Benjamin

Dear Benjamin,

You can multiply two solid models together through the Solid --> Math --> Model and Model math tool in the RockWorks Utilities. It sounds to me like you are on the right track. You are welcome to respond with additional questions.

Best Regards,

Alison