RockWare Support Forum
Sohrab

where should import data which have distances

I have some data from 13 boreholes, these data are Lugeon numbers for discribing permeability of a zone. i have one lugeon number from almost every 5 meters in every borholes, for example in borehole number 1, from depth 2 to 7 meters(depth from ground surface of that borehole)lugeon number for permeability is 2.5, so how can i import these data for modeling the permeability of this zone? i tried i-data and p-data but both of them don't have distance for a variable in boreholes.

Hi Sohrab,

I think this data could be imported into the I-Data table in RockWorks. For a single borehole, the listing would look like this:

Top Base Perm

2 7 2.5

7 12 2.7

12 17 2.6

(etc.)

You can import the data using a variety of methods. If your boreholes already exist in the RockWorks database, and you have a single Excel spreadsheet listing the borehole name, the depth intervals, and the measured values, you can use the I-Data / Import / XLS -> I-Data menu option to bring these data into the borehole database. There are several other methods to get your data into the program.

For more specific questions, please send a sample of the data you wish to import into RockWorks to our support box: [email protected]

Thanks

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.