RockWare Support Forum
Joe

top of casing elevation data

I'm entering some borehole data where the top of casing is not the same as the ground elevation.

I'm working with groundwater monitoring well data. The borehole lithologies are measured relative to ground elevation, but the static water levels are measured relative to top of casing.

How can I plot SWLs relative to TOC at the same time I plot borehole lithology relative to ground elevation? It appears that Rockworks only allows for one elevation per well...

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post!

You're right. RockWorks currently allows only one reference elevation per hole. You'll need to manually adjust the depths for the SWL measurements to adjust for the casing - ground difference. This is probably most easily done by exporting the locations and water levels only to Excel (File | Export | XLS), adjusting the depths for each hole for each water level depth there, then importing back into the database (File | Import | XLS). Be sure to back up the existing database first, and to choose Update Existing Record in the import screen.

Let me know if you need additional information about this.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.