RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vale

Problem loading my *.sim files

Hi, I'm experiencing some problems when I try to load my *.sim files in Petrasim.

I created a *.sim file in a new folder: I created the mesh, assigned the materials to the cells, assigned the initial conditions and the boundary conditions. I then ran the simulation successfully, so in the *.sim folder the software created the output files.

Today, when I opened the *.sim file, I discovered that in the main window when I ask the software to color the cells by Temperature, it doesn't show me the initial condition of each cell, but it loads the Temperatures obtained after the simulation. I did not load the save file as initial condition, so I don't know how it is happening.

I have never experienced this problem, but know it happens with most of the sim files I'm working with.

Thank you for your attention

Valentina

We took a look at the SIM file, and it appears that the program is referring to some sort of extrenally loaded initial conditions. We are not quite sure how this happenened, but the following steps can be taken to remove these initial conditions:

1. First, display all of the cells in the model by right clicking in the 3D Window and choosing “Show all Cells”.

2. Go to Edit --> Select All Cells. All of the cells in the model should be highlighted with yellow.

3. Right click on the model and select “Edit Cells”.

4. Select the Initial Conditions tab, and choose the “Use Region (or Global) Initial Conditions" option.

5. Click on the OK button.

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem again.

I removed the loaded initial conditions with the procedure that you have posted before: it works, but the software still loads automatically initial conditions in many of my simulations.

I am experiencing also another problem: in some of my simulations, when I load initial conditions, the software doesn't load them in the right way: it loads an initial condition that is completely different from the SAVE file that I specify. I don't know how to solve this problem.

Thanks for your attention

Valentina