RockWare Support Forum
Emily Taylor

Changing grid values in a Strat model

Originally I created a strat model with a stack of grids I created from ARCGis. In stat pick I moved the tops and bases of the grids to better reflect the lithology in drill hole data. Now I want to replace two of the altered grids with different grids and I want the depth values of the new grids to be reflected in the strat pick. I can't figure out how to get RW to use the values in the new grids. If I simply replace the old grid with the new grid, when I make a strat model the depth values I created in stat pick are preserved and the new grid is overwritten by the old stat pick values. Can I replace an existing grid with a new grid and have the new grid values reflected in Strat Pick? thanks Emily

Hi Emily,

You can replace the old GRD files with different GRD files, then remove the check mark from the Stratigraphy | Model | Interpolate Surfaces option and the program will use the existing GRD file and not recalculate them for each horizon.

The Stratigraphy | Pick Contacts menu displays the tops from the Stratigraphy table, and does not display the calculated tops from the GRD files.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

I thought that would work too, but it recognizes that I have stat data and overrides the grids with my "new" data. I think if I go into the access database and remove the strat picks, put the database in a new folder with the combined new and old grids, I can start with the altered and the old grids. I think that will work and I was going to try that this afternoon.